The recipe that we present today is the chestnut cake, a dessert that is part of the traditional mountain hinterland of Tuscany; here in Tuscany dishes Chestnuts have fed mountain peoples for centuries, and there are countless recipes with it; The chestnut cake is one of the most famous and appreciated; in this recipe we present accompanied by ricotta cheese.[/vc_column_text][vc_custom_heading text=”Products used in this recipe” font_container=”tag:h3|text_align:left” use_theme_fonts=”yes”]
Chestnut Cake with Ricotta Cheese
- 300 gr. Chestnut flour
- 4 spoons sugar
- 1 glass water
- 50 gr. pine nuts
- 2 spoons oliv oil extra virgin
- 50 gr. shelled walnuts
- 2 sprigs rosemary
- 1 pinch salt
- 150 gr. ricotta cheese
- Preheat oven to 200 ° C; sift the flour into a bowl and add the water gradually, stirring before with a fork and after with the hands; to mix well.
- Add sugar, salt, pine nuts, walnuts, and olive oil; stir to the mixture well.
- Spilling the mixture in a well oiled baking sheet, with a thickness from 0.5 to 1 cm.
- Decorate the surface with pine nuts, walnuts, rosemary and a little olive oil.
- Bake in oven for 30 minutes.
- Serve warm or cold accompanied by a spoon of ricotta cheese.