The recipe that we propose today is a classic to be proposed during the first cold of the season; a very tasty and nutritious dish made with Cotechino accompanied by Mashed Potatoes.[/vc_column_text][vc_custom_heading text=”Products used in this recipe” font_container=”tag:h3|text_align:left” use_theme_fonts=”yes”]
The Cotechino€9,25 Select options
Cotechino with Mashed
- 400 gr. potatoes
- q.s. nutmeg
- 30 gr. butter
- 150 ml. milk
- q.s. salt
- 1 n. cotechino
Prepare the Mashed Potatoes
- Peel the potatoes and boil for half an hour checking cooking.
- Mash the potatoes with a strainer or a fork.
- In a saucepan heat the milk, melt the butter and add the nutmeg.
- When the milk is warm, but before that bubble, add the potatoes and mix occasionally, do go for 5 minutes, and in any case depending on the acceptable density; season with salt.
Cook the Cotechino
- Wrap the sausage with plenty of aluminum foil and pierce it all with a toothpick.
- Put the sausage in cold water and simmer for 90 minutes.
- Serve hot Cotechino into slices accompanied by mashed potatoes.