Today I want to present a typical autumn recipe, Spelt Soup with Pumpkin and Bacon; typical Tuscan dish,very tasty and nutritious ; I found this recipe few years ago in my grandmother’s house in Gombitelli, poking around in the junk in the attic; It was written in a notebook of my great-grandmother Maria along with other recipes that a little ‘time I will propose in this recipe section of our site.[/vc_column_text][vc_custom_heading text=”Products used in this recipe” font_container=”tag:h3|text_align:left” use_theme_fonts=”yes”]
Spelt Soup with Pumpkin and Bacon
- 2 spoons oliv oil extra virgin
- 1 n. red onion small
- 1 n. carrot chopped
- 150 gr. potatoes diced
- 300 gr. pumpkin flesh into cubes
- 1 sprig rosemary
- 250 gr. Spelt
- 1/2 glass wine white
- q.s. vegetable broth
- 100 gr. bacon diced
- q.s. Pecorino Toscano DOP Seasoned
- Heat oil in a saucepan and fry the onion and carrot.
- Combine the potatoes, pumpkin and rosemary, salt and saute for 3 minutes over high heat.
- Add the Spelt and cook for two minutes.
- Deglaze with the wine.
- Add a liter of hot broth and cook for 45 minutes, gradually adding broth if it withdraws too, taste the cooking level and if necessary continue to cook until the Spelt is cooked.
- While cooking spelt sauté the bacon in a frying pan, without adding oil (just do it ourself a little fat to fry) and make it become crispy, then set it aside.
- Put the soup into bowls and add two spoons of bacon, a little olive oil and grated pecorino.