The dish that we present today is a classic Tuscany, the Soup of Spelt, a soup made of spelt, Borlotti Beans and Cannellini beans with fried celery, carrot and onion and the addition of carrots and potato cubes.
The Soup of Spelt is a tasty dish, nutritious and healthy.[/vc_column_text][vc_custom_heading text=”Products used in this recipe” font_container=”tag:h3|text_align:left” use_theme_fonts=”yes”]
The Soup of Spelt
- 500 gr. mix of legumes and cereal for Soup of Spelt
- 4 spoons oliv oil extra virgin
- 1 n. potato big
- 3 n. carrots
- 1 rib celery
- 1 piece lard rind
- 2 l. vegetable broth
- Soak the mixed grains and legumes for 12 hours.
- Finely chop the onion, carrot and celery and put it in a pot with 4 spoons of olive oil.
- Cut a potato and two carrots into chunks.
- Add at the fried the mixed of cereals/ legumes after having drained, 2 liters of broth and at flame high to wait it takes to boil.
- Just take a boil add the potatoes and carrots and rind of bacon, then just takes the boil put the low heat.
- After an hour of cooking to taste and see the level of cooking and when it is cooked add salt and pepper; remove the rind of fat (and give it to the dog if you have it).
- Serve hot with a drizzle of good extra virgin olive oil and a sprinkling of pepper.