And here comes another great classic of Gombitelli, this recipe taken verbatim from quadernino of our ‘Nonna Maria’; penne with pumpkin and Cheek with Pepper; First very tasty dish and easy to prepare.[/vc_column_text][vc_custom_heading text=”Products used in this recipe” use_theme_fonts=”yes”]
Penne with Cheek and Pumpkin
- 400 gr. pumpkin net weight of the pulp
- 3 spoons olive oil extra virgin
- 1 red onion
- 1/2 glass White wine
- q.s. vegetable broth
- q.s. salt
- q.s. pepper
- 60 gr. cheek with pepper diced
- 1 sprig rosemary
- 160 gr. penne
- q.s. PDO Tuscan Aged Pecorino
- Finely chop the onion and fry in a large frying pan with two tablespoons of oil.
- When the onion begins to brown add the diced pumpkin; to go over high heat for 5 minutes.
- Deglaze with the white wine.
- Add a couple of ladles of broth and simmer for 10 minutes plugged, add a little 'broth if too dry.
- Blend all the ingredients in a blender and set aside.
- In another skillet, brown the cheek cut into cubes and the chopped rosemary finely with the crescent moon, until the cheek is not crisp.
- Cook the pasta in salted water and serve with pumpkin and cheek sauce.
- Serve hot, grating to taste pepper and Pecorino Seasoned.