Today we propose a classic Italian dishes, the pork loin in the oven; is the second dish favorite by the Italians on Sundays or on public holidays; often accompanied by baked potatoes and a glass of red wine.[/vc_column_text][vc_custom_heading text=”Products used in this recipe” font_container=”tag:h3|text_align:left” use_theme_fonts=”yes”]
Pork Loin Roast
- 1,2 kg pork loin with the bone
- 1/3 glass olive oil extra virgin
- 30 gr. butter
- 4 cloves garlic
- q.s. vegetable broth
- 1 glass wine white
- q.s. salt
- q.s. pepper
- 1 spoon flour
- q.s. pot herbs
- Bone the pork loin (or make bone from the butcher if you are not able), and make a cut from the bone side as pictured.
- Mince two cloves of garlic and sprinkle the roast, and the inside of the cut with the aromas from the kitchen, the chopped garlic, salt and pepper.
- Carefully tie the roast as pictured.
- Heat the oil and butter in a pan, add the garlic and fry on each side of the roast, not prick it with a fork, on high heat.
- Deglaze with the wine and let evaporate.
- Heat to 200 ° C. static oven, put the roast in a baking pan with cooking liquid, add pepper, salt and herbs and do go for 10 minutes.
- Join two ladles of hot broth, lower the temperature to 180 ° C., Cover with foil and let go for 30 minutes.
- Remove the foil and gradually add the broth when it is about to dry up, to go for another 30 minutes; the cooking time depends on the diameter and the size of the roast; or use the experience or a meat thermometer (the pork is cooked at 72 ° C. to the center).
- When cooked, remove the meat and set aside Strain the cooking liquid and let it collect in a pan, adding flour.
- Remove the bone (and give it to the dog if you have it) and serve the roast into slices with the sauce.