The dish that we present today is a classic Tuscany, exactly the Garfagnana, an area of the province of Lucca, between the Apuan Alps and the main chain of the Tosco Emiliano; territory by the great gastronomic tradition.
It ‘a soup of legumes and cereals prepared in the traditional manner, dish healthy and nutritious as well as tasty.[/vc_column_text][vc_custom_heading text=”Products used in this recipe” font_container=”tag:h3|text_align:left” use_theme_fonts=”yes”]
Cream of Lard Traditional€7,90 – €45,00 Select options
Condiments and Spices
Extra Virgin Olive Oil of Ceragioli Farm€31,90 Select options
Pasta Flour and Cereals
Garfagnina Soup€7,50 Select options
- 500 gr. mixed legumes and cereals for Garfagnana soup
- 4 spoons olive oil extra virgin
- 1 n. red onion
- 1 n. potato
- 1 n. carrot
- rib celery
- 1 spoon lard cream
- 2 l. vegetable broth
- Rinse several times mixed legume/cereal and put it to soak in water for 12 hours.
- Chop the celery, carrot and onion, and sauté in a large pot where you put to heat the oil and a spoon of lard cream.
- Cut the potatoes into cubes and add to the mixture along with mixed legumes and cereal and the broth.
- Do go on low heat, after an hour sample to check the level of cooking, and to complete it over a low heat.
- When cooked, remove a third of the soup and blend with the blender and bring everything together.
- Serve hot with bread, toasted and chopped, a drizzle of good extra virgin olive oil and pepper.