Today we offer a simple recipe and easy to prepare; Spelt salad with tomatoes, olives and Pecorino Toscano Dop Fresco; this recipe, low in calories but nutritious can be a single dish with which lunch or dinner but varying doses also a starter, and is also good in the buffet of appetizers.[/vc_column_text][vc_custom_heading text=”Products used in this recipe” font_container=”tag:h3|text_align:left” use_theme_fonts=”yes”]
Spelt salad, tomatoes, olives and pecorino cheese
- 300 gr. Spelt
- 300 gr. tomatoes
- 20 n. olives sweet
- 50 gr. Fresh Pecorino Toscano Dop
- 1 n. spring onion
- 1 small bunch basil
- q.s. chili pepper in powder
- q.s. oregano dried
- 1 clove garlic
- 4 spoons oliv oil extra virgin
- q.s. salt
- Cook the Spelt in salted water with a clove of garlic for at least 45 minutes, taste it to check the cooking.
- Drain and season with 4 tablespoons of oil, salt, oregano and a pinch of chilli pepper; stir and let cool.
- Cut the tomatoes into pieces, stone the olives and chop them, cut into slices the onion, diced pecorino cheese, chop the basil.
- When the Spelt is completely cooled add all ingredients and mix, let stand half an hour to blend the flavors and add a few whole basil leaves.