The dish that we present today is a classic Tuscany, the Soup Rustica; It is a soup where you boil the mixture of legumes and cereals in the broth along with a potato made into cubes; except you do a fried with garlic, rosemary, sage and tomato paste.
This soup of legumes and cereals is prepared by the traditional method; It is a dish healthy and nutritious as well as tasty.[/vc_column_text][vc_custom_heading text=”Products used in this recipe” font_container=”tag:h3|text_align:left” use_theme_fonts=”yes”]
Cream of Lard Traditional€7,90 – €45,00 Select options
Condiments and Spices
Extra Virgin Olive Oil of Ceragioli Farm€32,90 Select options
Pasta Flour and Cereals
Rustic Soup€7,50 Select options
The Soup Rustica
- 500 gr. mixed legumes and cereals for Rustica soup
- 4 spoons olive oil extra virgin
- 1 n. potato
- 1 spoon lard cream
- 2 l. vegetable broth
- 3 sprigs rosemary
- 8 leaves sage
- 3 cloves garlic
- 50 gr. tomato concentrate
- Rinse several times mixed legume / cereal and put it to soak in water for 12 hours.
- Cut the potatoes into cubes.
- Take a large pot and put the broth, add the potato and mixed legumes/cereals after having drained.
- Cook over low heat for an hour, then check the cooking and eventually to complete it.
- Dissolve the lard cream in the oil and put to fry the sage, rosemary and garlic; fry very slowly.
- When the garlic begins to brown add the tomato paste, then go for five minutes over low heat, then turn off.
- When the soup is cooked, put a mesh strainer over the soup and pour the sauce with a spoon to crush the sauce slowly to make it absorb the soup.
- Serve hot, with or without toasted bread, with the addition of good extra virgin olive oil and pepper.