Today we offer an easy very tasty side dish typical of Tuscany.
The peas with bacon are a quick side dish to prepare and really tasty for meat courses that can become a single dish (accompanied by a few slices of bread) or even a sauce for pasta or rice, of course varying quantities.[/vc_column_text][vc_custom_heading text=”Products used in this recipe” font_container=”tag:h3|text_align:left” use_theme_fonts=”yes”]
Condiments and Spices
Extra Virgin Olive Oil Stefanini€21,90 Select options
Spread Bacon€8,75 – €17,50 Select options
Peas with Bacon
- 600 gr. peas fresh or frozen
- 150 gr. bacon
- 1 n. onion small
- 2 spoons olive oil extra virgin
- q.s.. salt
- q.s. pepper minced (optional)
- q.s. nutmeg minced (optional)
- Finely chop the onion, fry the onion in a skillet large enough to hold all the ingredients.
- Put to brown the bacon cut into cubes.
- Once the bacon is browned, add the peas.
- Stir, add salt and cover the whole with a glass of hot water (or vegetable broth, to give more flavor) and finish cooking the peas being careful not to overcook them.
- Before serving, you can flavor to taste with nutmeg and pepper.