And here you have a classic recipe of Tuscany, the Risotto with Pumpkin and Sausage, very tasty and nutritious dish.[/vc_column_text][vc_custom_heading text=”Products used in this recipe” font_container=”tag:h3|text_align:left” use_theme_fonts=”yes”]
Risotto with Sausage and Pumpkin
- 200 gr. pumpkin at cubes
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 sprig rosemary
- 100 gr. sausage
- 2 spoons olive oil extra virgin
- q.s. vegetable broth
- 1/2 glass white wine
- 160 gr. rice
- 20 gr. butter
- 30 gr. Aged Pecorino Cheese in Hay and Straw
- Heat 2 spoons of oil in a large skillet and soffriggerci garlic and rosemary.
- Remove the garlic and rosemary and add the pumpkin into cubes, sauté for 3 minutes over high heat.
- Deglaze with the wine and let evaporate.
- Add a ladle of broth and simmer for 5 minutes, then whisk half of the pumpkin with the blender if you have it, otherwise crush with a fork.
- As soon as the broth has reduced add the crumbled sausage and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add the rice and 2 ladles of broth.
- Cook the rice adding occasionally a ladle of broth.
- A full cooked, add the butter, the grated Pecorino, a sprinkling of pepper and adjust salt if necessary; let stir for 3 minutes.
- Serve hot with a sprinkling of pepper to taste more grated Pecorino.